- Don't Miss the Signs - Florida Abuse Hotline
- Hot Topics
- Save the Date
Operating within the University of South Florida's College of Behavioral and Community Sciences, Department of Child and Family Studies, "The Center" works in collaboration with the Department of Children and Families to ensure information contained on this site is timely, accurate and useful to child welfare professionals and others. The Center is funded by Florida's Department of Children and Families. Information and training resources are available to you 24 hour a day.
Key areas include:
Click here for an Overview of our Look and Navigation
- A Comprehensive Resource Library by Subject Area
- A Comprehensive Video Training Library
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Center processes and responds to requests from customers for policy clarification. Answers are posted in the FAQ section for all customers to browse, search and view.
- Web Events
The Center sponsors and hosts live web events and other web conferencing services on various subjects. Interactive web events such as training, meetings, workgroup events, etc. are among the many ways this service is used. The Center provides technical assistance and support in using these services upon request.
- Online Training
The Center is credentialed by the Florida Certification Board to provide in-service training for re-certification of child welfare professionals and foster parents. The Center has hundreds of training videos available and accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The Center is also home to "Just in Time Training" (part of the Quality Parenting Initiative). This service responds to requests from foster parents for training topics and provides live and recorded training for foster parents, related caregivers and child welfare professionals. For more information visit www.JITfl.org
Copyright © 2012 by Florida's Center for Child Welfare